Saturday, April 21, 2012

Casting - - THE EXORCIST

****************I edited this just now, thanks to some comments and responses********
This is my first casting, so be easy on me.
                                                   
In 1973, a horror film was released named "The Exorcist" starring Ellen Brustyn, Max vonSydow, Lee J. Cobb, Jason Miller, and young Linda Blair. On its release it was the movie to go see. Making #1 on the box office charts for 1973. People Were throwing up, running out of the theatre and couldn't sleep for weeks.

I just finished reading the book and re-re casted my old version of re-casting. I changed up Lt. Kimderman and Father Karras.
Raegen MacNeil is an 14 year old girl, that has a mom actress and dad is out-of-the-picture. They seem happy. One day Raegen starts acting up at a party and one thing leads to another and Raegen has become the devil herself. The director of the film her mom is in suddenly dies misterously after seeing Raegen. Two priest come and preform an "exorcism" on them.

Here it is, A cast for the 1973 film "The Exorcist"


Sharon Spencer: Krisses lowly assistant.
            Origanlly: Kitty Winn
My Choice:

Mischa Barton. This isn't the best picture of her but she is a great actress.

Burke Dennings:  Krisses ill-fated director friend.
               Originally: Jack McGowran
My Choice:

Toby Jones: A short good character actor in the U.K.

Father Joeseph Dyer: Father Karras' priest friend
My Choice:

Bradley Pierce. He doesn't look like an actor in this picture, but the kid in Jumanji. I could see him as a priest. Plus, nobody else I could think of.

Lt. William F. Kinderman:  a kind old detective that is wise and knows something is up at the McNiel house hold.
Origanilly: the great Lee J. Cobb
My choice:

Tom Selleck. Think about it. A kind, old wise detective on his final case. Tom is 67, and this is how I envisioned him in the book. I like old Tom alot.

Father Damian Karras: the lead. a priest that doesn't know what hes getting into.
Originally: Jason Miller.
My Choice:

Max Greenfield. He is a good unknown actor that I had to look up online, and watched a youtube clip of him and he can pull off playing a priest.

Raegen McNeil: the little girl (14) that is possesed.
Origanally: Linda Blair

Elle Fanning. A young child actress.

Kriss McNeil: the mother actress with a mouth.
Originally: Ellen Brustyn
My Choice:

Rachel McAdams .
She is good actress. Kind of needs an unknown for the role, maybe too famous.

Father Lankester Merrin: an old and expirenced priest. Kind of a Boris Karloff/ Vincent Price actor.
Origanally: Max von Sydow
My Choice:

Terence Stamp. this great English actor has a great voice, hes very creepy. It was either him or Jonathan Price.And what horror movie does not have a creepy priest??

For a treat:::::
Next February, when the oscars come around:::
Best Actor:Terence Stamp
Best Actress: Rachel McAdams
Best Supporting Actor: Tom Selleck
Best Director: Chris Columbus


Hope you enjoyed my casting on this website. Tell me your thoughts and opinions.


2 comments:

  1. I write and maintain a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I will. Do you like this cast or anything you want to say about my webite/blog thing???

    ReplyDelete